27 January 2011

Silver Lining

Today was my first Tae Kwon Do class. Let me tell you, I definitely needed the workout. The class was kept moving for the entire two hours: doing kicking drills up and down the mat, running, stretching, and basic techniques. Next time I'll eat a real lunch before I go. I almost passed out twice which I assume is from a lack of energy due to not eating enough. However, I am still alive and not in the hospital. Also, the headache I've had for the past two and a half weeks is gone, at least for the moment. Pretty happy about that. I'm 100% sure that I'll wake up tomorrow in pain, but I only have one class and the rest of the day to read.

Yesterday I met Julia for lunch. She doesn't speak much English and I don't know any German, so we completely rely on French to talk to each other. I still have problems understanding exactly what's being said but with repetition I can usually get the gist of any question or story. She's even become my translator at dinner. My host parents speak fast French and she translates it into slow French for me. I've almost stopped speaking English completely at dinner, and I suppose that's the first step to becoming fluent. Woo!

1 comment:

  1. You haven't moved around like that in a long time have you? Glad you made it through to the end and maybe you can teach your MU group a thing or two. I am anxiously waiting your report about Savate.

    ReplyDelete