06 February 2011

Oh The Pain

I haven't been as faithful with my posts this week. Many apologies loyal readers. Since Tae Kwon Do on Thursday night, my lower back has been in a lot of pain. At first I didn't think it was serious, but after attempting to walk around the city yesterday and feeling nauseous, I decided that I needed to do something about it. Luckily, my parents gave me some tips on how to deal with my back. Hopefully I'll be feeling good enough again just in time for another punishing TKD class this Thursday.

Even though my back ended up hating me for going to TKD, class was a lot more fun this week. Not only was I able to stand and move around the whole time, I also had the opportunity to instruct my partner during hand technique drills. Also, tornado roundhouse kicks. HELL YES! I was actually smiling when I got to do those.

Friday, while I was out Valentine's Day shopping, I stopped in the chocolate shop that's on the corner of my street and Rue Victor Hugo. They sold chocolate bars for 2 euros, and it was delicious. Next time though, I'm not going to eat the whole thing at once.
Before almost collapsing on Saturday, I attempted to participate in a scavenger hunt set up for the international students at Lyon 1, 2, and 3 universities. I got the chance to see some of the Americans and Australians I recognized from my SELF classes, as well as meet some Chinese and Spanish while we were put into groups. I only wish I could have stayed longer, but that probably would have been a bad idea.

Here's to hoping for a reduced-pain week. I wanted to get out and visit a museum on Wednesday or Friday. It's apparently free, and I have to right a paper on it for my culture class. Technically not due until April 8, but I have two finals already around that time, so I want to go ahead and get the paper done.

No comments:

Post a Comment