06 December 2010

Countdown to France: 28 Days

Hey everyone! So because I am currently in the mood to distract myself, I have gone ahead and started what will be the blog about my semester in France.

For those of you who do not know me, I am currently a sophomore at the University of Missouri-Columbia and am working to obtain a degree in French and theatre performance. I will be traveling to Lyon for my second semester this year, staying with a host family, and taking a very full course load. My departure is set for January 3rd and I will not be coming back to the US until May 28th.

So, 28 days. Right now I am dealing with red tape (i.e. obtaining my student visa). Here's what has to happen in order to be issued a student visa by the French consulate. Step one: Register with CampusFrance. Step Two: Pay CampusFrance a processing fee. Step three: Wait for CampusFrance to give the "ok" on your registration. Step four: Make an appointment with the Consulate. Step five: Go to Consulate with various forms/fees. Step six: Wait for visa to be mailed to you.

Gotta love bureaucracy!

No comments:

Post a Comment